- Preheat the oven to 180°C, with the rack in the centre of the oven. Line muffin tins with parchment paper.*
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 20 minutes and then drain well.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in the oil and the applesauce.
- Whisk in the salt and the baking powder. The baking powder will get foamy – that’s ok.
- Stir in the raisins, then the flour, walnuts and nutmeg.
- Stir to combine the dry ingredients. The batter will be quite moist, like a cake batter.
- Divide among the muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the muffins test as done – the tops are firm and when you put a knife in the centre it comes out almost clean, perhaps with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pans, and then finish cooling on a rack.
- whip together 4 tablespoons of Barambah Organic Labna, 2 tablespoons of honey and a squeeze of lemon.
*We like to use parchment paper muffin liners for these muffins, ‘regular’ paper muffin liners will stick.