Gabriel Gaté’s Apple and Barambah Organics Yoghurt Cake
- 300g Barambah Organics All Natural Yoghurt
- 100g Barambah Organics Quark
- 4 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g corn flour
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 medium to large apple (Royal Gala, Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the base of a 25cm springform cake tin with baking paper, then butter and dust the base and sides of the tin with sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the Barambah Organics All Natural Yoghurt, Barambah Organics Quark, eggs, sugar, corn flour and finely grated lemon zest.
- Peel, halve and core the apples.
- Keep 5 apple halves for the top of the cake and cut them into thin slices about 2mm thick.
- Cut the remaining apples into thin slices and then into small sticks.
- Mix the apple sticks with the yoghurt mixture and carefully pour and spread the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Arrange the apple slices over the cake mixture in an overlapping pattern, starting from the edge of the tin.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and bake for 1 hour in the pre-heated oven.
- Allow to cool for about 30minutes before carefully turning the cake out.
- If you wish, dust with a little sugar just before serving.